Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Goodbye Winter, Hello Monsoon Season

Sorry for the gap… I guess you can say I wasn’t feeling “bloggy”. I’m an awful person-
Moving on… Blane’s birthday weekend proved to be just as entertaining as anticipated. Shauna did a great job of enlisting superior help:) If I may say so myself, we did a wonderful job. Blane perhaps is now the boy with the most toys in the world and will need to ask his Papa to make him an extension to the house to store all of his trucks and tractors. He’s growing up so fast! But I supposed soon we’ll have another little one and the cycle will continue.
I’m so glad winter is over, but can’t say much for the amount of rain we are getting. It’s really negatively affecting my life. I’m ready for the sun. I’ve swapped my wardrobe, bought my sunglasses - it is now officially Spring, thankyouverymuch.
I am currently battling my ridiculous cold that will not leave. Although it did allow for a day off this week, I’m SO tired! I took Tuesday off to rest and catch up on sleep and attempt to not spread this to others. It was very relaxing, aside from Charlotte’s obsession with Jacoby. She is officially the cat lady. She talks to her constantly, takes pictures of every move she makes and goes over and bugs her until Jacoby needs to bite her to kick her out of her space. This, coming from the girl who was TERRIFIED of cats. Cracks me up.
Last weekend I began Spring cleaning. Although I cannot find anything that I was looking for, which means I have to postpone half of my spring cleaning ideas. Which will also have to wait until after this weekend, which is the celebration of Charlotte’s birthday!!
As hard as she is trying to avoid it (I will keep her age a secret, even though everyone knows it anyway), it is coming and will hopefully turn out equally as memorable as the last few years. She is constantly reminding me of why I find such joy in planning these: competition against myself. The BEST kind. I ALWAYS outdo myself from the previous year. This year, I’m kicking last year me’s butt. Different scale, but equally intense. More to come when things aren’t still top-secret. I’m sure I’ll be sharing pictures everyone wishes I wouldn’t. I love the planning and organizing and… cleaning part. She loves the ACTUAL party part. We’re a good team.
Classes are over, besides one paper that I am procrastinating on (what’s new). Then I begin my summer course which should be really interesting. Hopefully the summer session will give me enough time to recover from the AWFUL professors from this semester that I have again NEXT semester.
I am also currently counting down to each of my trips that are coming up. A few to PA, the big one to Key West… at least it’s giving me something to look forward to constantly! This 9-5 desk job stuff is just not cutting it for me. I feel like I understand those people who quit their jobs with no money in their pocket and search for their passion outdoors. Tan=happiness.
I suppose this is the point where I should get back to doing something remotely related to my job. It would be hard to argue how necessary blogging is for students who are demanding money from the University…
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment