Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Stupid Woodchuck


I feel like I need to start by saying that it is very important to me to NOT be thought of as a crazy cat lady. I realize that by featuring my cat in an entry it gives the impression that I’m more obsessed with her than I should be. This is not the case.
Moving onJ It’s been a slow week. I have this habit of not enjoying my weekends enough and dreading Monday every Fri-Sun that I end up missing the fact that I even had a weekend. I will need to work on this.
This Saturday, however, I worked for F.U.N  Enterprises in Salem, MA. Normally I dread working Bar Mitzvah’s because I despise the rich teenie-boppers who walk around in WAY too skimpy outfits, being WAY too entitled to everything and anything and NEVER listening. Because why listen to the pretty lady yelling “Those tee-shirts are drying! Hence, why they are being kept above your heads. Don’t touch them or  you’ll get paint on your skanky dress!” Okay… so I didn’t say that verbatim, but seriously. Like – common sense kids. Common sense. Anyway- I got through that without getting kicked out of the hotel, or kicking a Jewish kid - so all is well.
I spent a large part of Sunday watching JAG reruns. I have fallen back in love with Harm. I feel so foolish for having left him for so long. What was I thinking?? Looking back to how badly I wanted to go into the Navy, makes me feel SO OLD. Scary.
Later, Charlotte, Hayley and I watched (from our respective homes) a VERY inappropriate show on TLC. I have never been more hysterical, uncomfortable and hilariously entertained in my life. Of course we all spent the entire show texting/voice messaging each other about the absurdity of it all. Which only led to personal questions about each other and other people we know; probably one of the best spent hours of my life.
I can’t believe it’s only Tuesday. Plus it’s raining. Although yesterday went by better than I thought it would. Hayley renamed it Moonday which just completely changed my outlook on the day. Partly because I’m 9 and picture a butt during it and partly because I can literally trick myself into believing that it’s not Monday. The number of times we email/tweet/facebook each other during the day is absurd in a wonderful way. I literally think it helps me get through my day. Thank the Lord we both have the attention span of a flea and can distract ourselves from work long enough to get in a good laugh or new crafting objective. What will we do/discuss when there is no wedding to plan?? I’m sure we’ll think of something.
I wore my sandals today. I refuse to accept that that stupid woodchuck lied and we aren’t getting a Spring, so I’m dressing like we are and I don’t care anymore. My spring clothes are coming out and I’m only acknowledging the days that are going to be sunny.
I have my mentally challenged challenging Professor’s course tomorrow. I have already done my homework. Thank goodness I’m prepared and already completed the 3 whole slides we were to turn in. One with bullets, one with a graph and one title page. Whoa. I feel like at this point my graduation should be held at Chuck E Cheese.
I suppose I should get some work done before I leave today so no one notices how useless I can be.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment