Wednesday, September 7, 2011

We Don't Have Enough Family Photographs...

Well Melissa is now a married woman! She looked BEAUTIFUL and it was a perfect day. Getting there had its ups and downs though.
On the way there we drove through Vermont where I saw the Von Trapp family! It was awesome- They were riding their bikes in white shirts and khaki bottoms. Just like the movie! Vermont was beautiful. THENNN we got to the ferry where we had to cross Lake Champlain to get into New York. NOT beautiful.


Not only was I stuck hyperventilating in my car, but it was POURING and that was the most stressful 12 minutes of my life. I really should have done more research before going on that. However, it DID prepare me more for the way back and I learned my lesson.
SO MUCH ANXIETY on the wedding  day! I woke up and just wanted to throw up. I was SO nervous. I’m not sure if Melissa was, but I was enough for the both of us. Everything was perfect and it was SO nice outside! Plus- the food and entire reception was wonderful. It was so nice to see her so happy and actually have a day devoted to her, even though she tried to serve people… honestly. We also had plenty of time to bond as a group at the hotel over cheese and crackers (which I just yesterday could stand to eat again… holy dairy!!) On the way back it was actually good weather and Joyce rode with me so I would calm down. But because it was so nice we got to leave our cars, which actually helped a lot!
Hmmm what else significant happened that weekend? OH YEAH I FORGOT JOYCE’S FREAKIN BIRTHDAY! I could’ve just died right then and there. The ONE person who is sure to remember everyone else’s birthday got NOTHING on hers. Literally nothing. I even spoke to her on the day! Had it on my calendar! I’m going to just start believing that someone else inhabited my body for the day and it wasn’t me who forgot. So… Ana and I enacted an emergency birthday plan and threw her a little get together in their office early the next week. Honestly. Worst-friend-of-the-year award… right HERE people. I’ve totally gotten over it (as you can tell).
The next weekend after that I made a trip to PA to see those strange people I like to spend time with. The drive actually went a lot quicker than it normally does.
Shauna and I had a sleepover like the old days… except for right now she takes up A LOT more of the bed than she used to. It’s always nice to catch up, considering no amount of my prodding her to participate in this decade’s technology actually gets her to return a phone call or email.
Saturday was dad’s work get-together at Knoebel’s (amusement park). We brought two kids that help mom and dad around the farm – which after a long debate, we all decided was a VERY nice thing to do… (insert sarcastic laugh here).  They were really nice and grateful to be there. It was cute.
The food was good, the company was good, we bought stock in anti-bacterial gel, but… IT POURED THE ENTIRE TIME DAD WAS OUTSIDE.
image


We finally sent dad to the car to take a nap so we could all go on rides. We started with the water rides since we were inevitably going to get wet again when dad decided to leave the car. Blane enjoyed the beginning and endings of the water rides but DID NOT appreciate the water part in the middle. He also rode the STUPID yellow antique car a trillion times before I was about to assault someone to get him a different colored car. Blane just ended up thinking it was HIS car. Anywayyyy good times.
Sunday morning came fast. Or so I thought. Evidently while I was trying to catch up on sleep my LOVING family was downstairs plotting a very RUDE awakening for me. Dad came up and pulled my out of bed by my feet and harassed me for like 15 minutes until I got up. It seems having not been there for a while they ALL forgot I am NOT a morning person. Mom had the bright idea to video tape my torture, like any loving mother would. THANKFULLY I can count on Shauna for not doing it right and there turned out to be no video. As I woke up and got around my mechanic lectured me about the upkeep of my car, Blane went down for a nap and Mom tried to poison dad via a runny sandwich.
All in all it was a great weekend, but was SO short. Shauna ended up escaping out of the car despite my best efforts to lock her in and take her with me, but hopefully they will be visiting soon.
I will leave you all with some of my favorite quotes of the weekend:
 “What’s that other word for a mule?”
 “Thank you. Can I have my tractor now??”
“It’s raining… I bet Rick got out of the car.”
“Is that mayonnaise or cheese?” … “I don’t know. I’M not tasting it.”
“Beautiful boiled ham.”

No comments:

Post a Comment