Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Grouchy Pants

Welll… I’ve officially had my grouchy pants on for two days now. I created this page to be uplifting and happy and enjoyable and figured I couldn’t add an entry in the foul mood I’m in. However, what I realized is how in the midst of my sheer poopiness, those around me find multiple ways to put a smile on my face.
Joyce offered the wonderful suggestion of a drink last night. Which I was cursing her for this morning.
Melissa got  me the sweetest bottle of seashell and sand (that she brought back from her service trip).
Hayley sent me a few inappropriate texts that made me laugh. Texts which I will not put on here, but suffice it to say “TMI” is not in her vocabulary.
Mom managed to distract me with all of the craziness that makes up her life and sent me a funny forward about a pissed off bird that I TOTALLY identify with.
You may ask yourself, why, with all of these wonderful people do I still find the ability to be in a crappy mood?
Work and school. I will never come around to the fact that working is a necessary part of life. I would very EASILY be able to fill each day with things I love to do and want to do and never be bored. I WOULD however, be homeless. So the dream ends there.
You would think Grad school would keep me on my feet. At this point, with the two courses I’m in, a monkey could pass these and get its degree. I can’t help but feel like I’m not earning it when Professors say things like “So… like… what else did you guys want to say tonight?” *Silence*… “Okay, well if no one is feeling jipped, we can go home”. So an hour and a half early I bolt from the class before she changes her mind.
Last night I got 13 Easy-Level Sudokus done in 75 minutes. It’s a new record. In my other class (Ethics in Social Work), we discussed what exactly was wrong with the following situation… (I WISH I was lying. This is literally the case.)
 “A social worker decides she is going to take a group of clients from the group home she works in, to the movies on her own accord. Beatrice, a client at a group home that has been diagnosed as schizophrenic, is a member of the group going to the movie. While buckling everyone in, she hears Beatrice complain that she cannot get her seat belt to clasp correctly. The worker yells ‘Well, it’s because you ate so much at dinner, Beatrice. It’s because you are ALWAYS over-eating and you’re fat. Look, now you’re too fat to go to the movies. I guess you and your fat butt will have to stay here!’”
Besides the obvious you REALLY CANT TALK TO CLIENTS AT A HOME LIKE THAT… class discussion ended pretty quickly.
On a less weird note, my sister got me an AWESOME spice rack for my birthday that I hope to use. It has taken two people to go through each spice with me to explain it and tell me if I’ll ever need it for anything. As you can tell, I’m an amazing chef, with a very diverse pallet. NOT.
I am currently looking forward to Friday (which I am taking off of work) to sit with my puzzle (dont judge) and my comfy bed and do NOTHING. Until then, I will continue to bite my tongue through my work day for the sake of keeping my job.
AT LEAST IT’S NOT SNOWING TODAY!
Ooh! And I saw the CUTEST sign at the CUTEST store that Hayley and I found this weekend that said “It’s never too late to start the day over”. I should’ve bought it-

No comments:

Post a Comment