Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I'm Baaaccckkk!

So I apologize to my (2) followers who have been missing my posts. I have actually been unusually busy for a change and haven’t been keeping up with this as much as I would like to have.
Once I catch you up on what you’ve missed I promise I will be better about updating this! I certainly don’t want anyone losing track of my exciting and hilarious life experiences J
I believe I left off in June.
The first weekend in June, I went with Ellen and Ginny to Pennsylvania. This was their first trip and I think I can call it a success! I hope they are able to go again soon. Ginny took amazing pictures and although it’s a long drive… it was beautifulJ
The next weekend was Melissa’s wedding shower! Joyce and I threw it for her, even though Joyce was the brains behind the operation, as she is the brain behind most operations- So many showed up and Melissa was surprised and really grateful to everyone for being there. She’s adorable. Plus- the breakfast was really good! (Album to come - but here’s a teaser).

image



image



image


I went right from Melissa’s shower to Connecticut to spend time with Mom, Shauna, Blane and the rest of my family that came from all over for a change. It was nice to see everyone and reminded me of how strange we all are… at least you walk away with a lot of laughsJ Shauna, Mom and I stayed in a hotel and had a lot of fun on our own… per usual. Good snacks, good laughs. That’s what’s importantJ We even got around to discussing the elephant in the room… Shauna’s weight gain. SHE’S PREGNANT people. I’m not an a-hole. Well I am sometimes, but this time she IS pregnant and it’s a BOY!!!!!! YAYYYYY!! Why are her babies so adorable???  If she keeps popping out kids I’ll go broke.
The last weekend in June I went to a DISPATCH concert with Hayley. IT WAS AMAZING! By far the best concert I have ever been to. Plus it made me feel really cool. I went out for drinks first… I was out late… I didn’t fall asleep there… good timesJ
In July I won some free training sessions in Newton. It was a struggle getting myself started, but it was so nice learning what I should be doing and how I should be doing it at the gym so I feel I’m wasting less time and actually getting results. I am hopeful that I can continue to use what I learned but have had trouble getting into a good routine. Plus, I am NOT pregnant and would rather avoid that awkward discussion of people wondering if I am or not.
I have been trying to catch up on doctor’s visits since I have just got around to getting my insurance. I hate all forms of the doctor. I’m pretty sure I get this from my dad. He has NEVER willingly gone to a doctor for any reason and even forced, has only been a hand full of times. The dentist didn’t even go well. That woman HATES gums. Or she just hates mine. I have bled less donating to the Red Cross! It was NOT a good experience and 20 x-rays and 2 liters of blood later… my first check-up was done. Evidently flossing these days, entails shredding your gums to pieces. Great. Next, I went to the family doctor to get a check-up (I won’t tell you how long it’s been). These days, however, no one will have the weight conversation with you face to face. Oh no. NOW they print out a sheet that categorizes your weight and then gives you a full page of suggestions of how to go about losing the weight they suggest to make you “ideal”. So instead of having to hear it from the nurse, I get to read the sheet about how overweight I am in the waiting area before I go in to discuss the other issues that are genetically pre-determined (thanks mom and dad).  I even appreciated the list of links they gave that have suggestions for how to lose weight. Like THAT’S the problem. I just don’t know how to get skinny. Aren’t they helpful! – 2 down, 1 to go.
On a happier more delightful note… Charlotte and I just returned from our week in Key West! It was amazingggg and totally worth the wait. Neither of us have been on a vacation in years… well, charlotte hasn’t been on one like – ever. So that was fun. But it was BEAUTIFUL out.  (I will be adding pictures soon!)
We had SUCH a good time. They have great drinks there (very strong) and I’m proud to say I had something different to eat every meal while I was there. Which, if you know me well, is really hard! The pool was awesome too. It was salt water and about 85 degrees. The plane ride was not ideal either way. I almost committed a few crimes, but all in all everyone lived through that experience. I am determined to maintain my vacation state of mind… and so far have lasted two whole days at work without flipping out or getting angry! Which again… if you know me… is a big dealJ I know I can AT LEAST last until Friday, since I have the day off to travel to Melissa’s wedding in upstate New York!! Considering who I will be traveling with, I can already see having quite a few stories to tell when I get back.
I should probably be working right now… so I hope this satisfied the void I left with my hiatus:)
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment